Thursday, January 5, 2012

We are still here............

I know it has been a long time since I updated.  Starting the day after violin recital everyone got sick--we (yes, I succumbed as well!) went down like dominoes.  We have all had some variation of a bad cold several times.  We just keep passing it around.  When I tell my kids to share, I didn't have germs in mind!  I served as a big human tissue and have been coughed and sneezed on for weeks.  Catherine and Thomas got croup.  Catherine had it so bad that I was up all night with her and was very close to taking her to the ER.  We spent a lot of the night breathing steam in the bathroom and went to our pediatrician the next morning.  She had a round of steroids so she could breathe and the next night was soooo much better.    We have managed to celebrate Catherine and Mr. B's birthdays, and Christmas and New Year's, and tomorrow we have the Epiphany when we will let the kids open the last of their presents.   I have some pictures from those things, and violin recital, which I will try to get posted soon.  On the adoption front, we are on day 17 of the wait on our I800A.  We got our fingerprint appointment letters from USCIS this week.