Thursday, March 15, 2012

Conversations with Thomas

Last night after baths, Thomas was looking at himself in the mirror, and this is what followed:

Thomas:  I don't look like myself.
Mommy: What?   (????)
Thomas: I don't like it how you combed my hair.  (messing and fluffing it with his fingers.)

The little guy just turned 3 years old, and he is worried about how his hair looks!??  He was very cute, standing there in his dog-themed pajamas, but would have thought he is a little young to have an opinion on his hairstyle.  I'm not sure what that portends for the future. 

Thomas has never liked having his hair combed, and I have struggled in vain with what I think is a cowlick right on the crown of his head.  I have tried all sorts of gels, water, and curl products belonging to his curly sister, but that spiky section resists all my efforts.  No matter what I put on him, as soon as the hair dries, it is standing on end again.  I'm not sure what else to try, so I'm letting it get longer on top in hopes of it laying down better.  I just don't want people to think I don't ever comb his hair.

He really is quite a talker.  This morning when I told him he would have to wait for something he wanted, he announced, "I'm very disappointed!"  He sounded so grown-up, but the little pouty lip did look 3 years old.