Saturday, July 27, 2013

Monkeying Around

Overheard this evening:

Fermin (dialing a toy cell phone): I'm calling the teacher.
Mommy:  Who is that? 
Fermin: Jose is the teacher.
Mommy:  What does he teach?
Fermin: Monkey lessons.  Come on, John, we need one more student.

I asked Jose whether he was teaching monkeys, or teaching people how to act like monkeys, and he told me it was the latter.  It ought to be interesting to see how this develops.

A few minutes later the class assembled.  Therese told me she was hungry and wanted a banana.  The other monkey students have gone outside to play soccer. The monkey-trainee named Thomas is wearing a Chicago Bears jersey and goalie gloves.  I had no idea how important soccer was in a simian curriculum but at least it will help them burn off some energy before bedtime.