Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November 30th--Toilet Tea

I finally got these pictures out of the camera, so this story is from a few weeks ago.




In the morning the older two boys decided they wanted some fruit tea.  They did some (unauthorized) rummaging in the cabinet and found some they wanted to try.  I said that if they were very good, we could make the tea after schoolwork.  Well, the tea got made, but I guess they didn't want to rely on good behaviour to get it.  They came up with a totally new way of entertaining themselves: making tea in the toilet. They used the herbal tea bags they filched from the kitchen, and when I heard a lot of laughing and went to investigate why all 4 kids were in the bathroom with the door shut, they quickly flushed it.   They had opened the tea bags to mix it in the bowl, so tea particles were all over the toilet and the floor. No one admitted to tasting the toilet tea.   The next day when I got around to cleaning up the tea, I found that tea particles stain grout.  So now the grout has tiny purple and pink spots.  At least they aren't yellow.  You really don't want yellow stains around a toilet.  I wage a constant war on those with Comet!