Friday, May 4, 2012

Still Waiting.......

We are still waiting for our Letter Seeking Confirmation from China, for 78 days to be exact.  I'm not known for my ability to wait, but I thought this time around it would be easier.  During our first international adoption process, we had no children so I had plenty of time to obsess about every detail.  Our domestic adoption happened so much more quickly than we expected that we were just caught off guard by our little Christmas present--a baby girl.  This time, I have 4 children to care for, homeschooling, violin lessons, and not to mention housework and cooking, but I'm more nervous than during any other of our adoptions.  I think knowing that Therese needs to get out of that orphanage, not knowing how she is doing, is a big part of it.  We don't know about how her SB is affecting her bladder, and her kidneys.  Every month longer that she tries to walk on her clubbed feet, her bones will be that much more deformed and out of place.  I'm afraid she is starving, and that can have serious effects on a growing child--except that she isn't growing, or very little.  I have lots of pictures and video of our little guy, but that just makes me more impatient, because we can see just how funny and cute he is, and I want to meet him.  When I saw people getting their LSCs after 55 days of waiting, and the average on the chart on the chinaadopttalk site was 75 days, I didn't think it would take this long.  This is the first holiday that we can see has delayed our process.  The CCCWA was on holiday the first part of this week for International Worker's Day.  Which means that no one was there to approve documents, so the earliest we can expect to get it will be Monday, which will be day 81.  I cannot wait to put their pictures up here, and announce that we have those precious pieces of paper.