Monday, December 24, 2012

I think my sense of humor is going downhill....

Recently I laughed until I cried, about the idea of wrapping everyone's Christmas presents in the boxes that enemas come in.  I don't know why that was so funny, but I was laughing so hard that Mr. B. was looking at me with that funny look he gets sometimes.  I came in holding the box, and told him, "isn't this a great box for Christmas presents?  It is such a nice, clean, box, and the perfect size."  Maybe I need to get more sleep, but tears were streaming down my face because I was laughing so hard.  I feel like chuckling even now, just thinking about it.  I guess my family will find out very soon if I actually did this.  Ha ha!  Then last night I laughed until I cried when Mr. B. was talking about killing and eating rabbits in survival training.  I even made him laugh, but I was the only one crying and barely able to breathe.  It is pretty funny when you are a vegan family, picturing a bunch of sleep deprived cadets trying to evade their instructors and set traps for bunnies.  I suggested that when they ran into other groups of evaders in the dark, they could make bunny noises to find out who they were.  The instructors weren't hungry so they wouldn't come running if they heard a bunny noise.  Don't ask me what noise a bunny makes in the middle of the night on a mountain side, but I thought it was a great idea.  Our kids have no idea what parents talk about when they are all in bed.  I don't laugh that hard about all military stuff, although it can be interesting.  It is a good thing Mr. B. married a nerd, and one whose dad was a military history buff.  We stayed up late one night last week discussing logistics.  There is apparently a whole field of study on how best to move supplies in and out of war zones.  They even have their own professional journals.  I think that generals could learn a lot from moms with lots of little kids to manage.  Getting my crew places can involve some pretty advanced logistics.  Maybe I should offer the military my services to teach a class on how to keep snacks and toilet paper and diapers in stock and how to effectively mobilize.  Or maybe I should just write it up and mail it to one of the generals.  I have several nice, clean, enema boxes that are just the right size.

Postscript:
I managed to keep the joke going by eating my breakfast on Christmas Eve in a Peter Rabbit bowl.  Also, as we pulled up at church at 11:30 PM for Midnight Mass, a rather large rabbit ran across the playground, in the spotlight of our headlights.  I guess I'm not very spiritual because when I should have been recollecting myself for the Mass, I found this rabbit hysterically funny, and couldn't resist telling Mr. B., "Look, there's a bunny!  Why don't you see if you can catch it?"  Yes, I think rabbits are going to be a popular theme in our house for the near future.  As soon as I post the Christmas pictures you will be able to see who was the lucky recipient of the enema box.