Thursday, August 2, 2012

Leaving in two weeks!

Yesterday and today it really hit me--I'm leaving for China in two weeks!  I can't wait to meet my two precious children there, but I'm very stressed about saying goodbye to my babies at home knowing I will be gone for 3 weeks.  Also, my to-do list is growing much faster than I can get things checked off.  I don't know how it will be humanly possible to get everything done.  I've wrapped some presents for the kids to open while I am gone, but I worry that they will have to live on hashbrowns and peanut butter sandwiches for 3 weeks. I don't know how my kids will look.  I hope not like little ragamuffins.  Heaven only knows what Catherine's hair will look like without me there to fix it!   I don't enjoy flying at all either, and I'm not looking forward to 13 hours on one plane.  I know, I'm married to a pilot, but he isn't going to be the one driving.  Besides, he is always telling me helpful pilot jokes.  Do you know what the difference is between a good landing and a great landing?  A good landing is where you walk away, and a great landing is when you can re-use the plane.  Yes, 13 hours is going to be a very long time.