Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The hard part of adoption

I found this post today, and it was so painfully true.  It is so hard to be a mom, watching your child when they figure out the fundamental rejection they have experienced.  It is the very reason that you get to be a mommy, but trying to explain how the ended up needing a new family is hard.  I felt like a knife when through my heart the first time one of my children asked me, "why didn't my birthmom keep me?"   How will I explain to my precious little girl and boy, soon to become my children, how they ended up in an orphanage?  When you love someone, you don't want them to suffer, or to feel less, rejected by their first parents.  I don't want them to feel less valued because they had to live in an orphanage.  This is the hardest part of being a mom by adoption.