Sunday, August 19, 2012

Meeting Shi Wu

This has been one of the most interesting days of my life.  I will post more details later, but I know everyone is eagerly waiting to see pictures of our new princess.  We were supposed to get her at 3 PM, but what happened was that we checked into our hotel about noon and before we even had time to go to the bathroom, there was a knock on the door.  I felt so caught off guard.  She called me mama right away and let me hold her.  She was a little unsure, but no crying and she LOVED her pink backpack.  I have worried about her all this time, and pictured her as very dependant and more like a baby.  She is tiny, and I think her scoliosis is a lot worse than what we thought, but she is so capable and inquisitive and chatters away amazingly fast.  She totally charmed our guide.  She seems like a very bright little girl, and she is also quite confident and outgoing.  I am just amazed at how well she has dealt with everything.  We went and took her photo, and went to the grocery store, and she confidently made some choices, by indicating we should put things in the cart next to her. I will stop and put in the pictures, since that is what you really want, right?

I opened the door to find our guide and the assistant orphanage director, and Shi Wu!