Saturday, November 5, 2011

How do you know when you are ready to adopt again?

I was thinking about this recently, because earlier this year when my sister asked me if we ever planned to do another adoption, I told her that it was too much paperwork, and I just didn't know if I could do it again.  But this past summer, since the kids are getting older and I have actually ventured to leave the house with all 4 by myself, I started having a funny feeling when I counted heads to make sure I had the same number of kids I had left the house with.  I would count all 4 of them, but still felt like someone was missing.  Hmmm.  From the very beginning of our family I have felt drawn to the idea of adopting a waiting child.  I didn't bring it up to Mr. B. for quite awhile, because I thought he would think I was crazy.  I did a lot of praying about it, but the feeling didn't go away.  Eventually, we did talk about it and decided to start the adoption process again.  Since we have done 2 international adoptions and 1 domestic adoption, we have a lot of experience with the process--a lot of paperwork and a lot of waiting.  I'm pretty good at the paperwork part, even though it can be frustrating, but I'm not very good at the waiting part.