Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You know you have been a mom for awhile.....

when you no longer get all worked up over messes!  This afternoon, Thomas had an altercation with one of the older boys.  I went to see what was the matter, as Thomas jumped up and down in frustration and rage.  I smelled a very strong and unpleasant smell, and noticed that as he jumped his shirt moved, revealing poop halfway up his back!  It has been a long time since we had one of those epic poops to deal with.  I led him to the bathroom and noticed brownish streaks all down his jeans.  Then when I peeled his clothes off, and took them to the laundry room, I found suspicious spots on the couch in the living room, the sofa pillows, the floor, etc.  I didn't even get excited.  I've been around kids long enough now not to be surprised.  I sent out a team of sniffers to locate any more contaminated areas, bathed and dressed Thomas, and cleaned up the couch and the floor.  I think I may have to throw out the sofa pillow though.