Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pregnancy vs. adoption

I read this funny post today.  I have to agree about the stress of not having a due date.  It is hard to be expecting a child when"gestation" is more like that of an elephant, and you really don't know when you will get to see your child for the first time.  Of course, when I was pregnant with Thomas, I looked like an elephant.  I outgrew 2 sizes of maternity clothes.  If the pregancy was any longer I would have been unable to fit through doorways, and would have had to shop at a tent and awning store for something to wear.  Chocolate really helps with adoption stress, so I have always gained weight while we are adopting--just not 50+ pounds like I did while pregnant!   I will let everyone know sometime next year whether a c-section (after 3 abdominal surgeries) is easier than a 20 hour trip back from China.